This Diabetes-friendly dessert is a moist and delicious upside-down cake. It’s the perfect complement for your holiday table or for any day of the week!
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Enova or canola oil
- Fat-free nondairy whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Melt light margarine in microwave or over low heat in small skillet on stove.
- Pour melted margarine into a 9-inch nonstick round cake pan, and use a pastry brush to evenly spread the margarine across the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, and pecans.
- Pour mixture over melted margarine in an even layer.
- In another small bowl, combine Splenda (white), flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir well with a spoon.
- Add liquid egg substitute, milk, almond extract, and oil, and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter over fruit and nut mixture evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes, then carefully invert using protective gloves onto a serving plate and remove pan.
- Allow cake to cool. Cut into 10 slices and top each with 1 tablespoon fat-free nondairy whipped topping if desired.
- 165 calories
- 9g fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 17g carbohydrates
- 4g protein
- 1mg cholesterol
- 289mg sodium
- 4g fiber
Source: Diabetes Self Management
This site displays Affiliate links. Click here to read the Disclaimer.