Whether you’re living with a medical condition like High Blood Pressure or Diabetes, your goal should be to maintain a healthy lifestyle. These 3 tips – along with daily exercise and healthy meal planning – will help you reach and maintain overall better health.
You can start using these 3 tips to reach overall better health TODAY!
Tip #1 – Make a mindset shift
Realize why you need to do something. Is it to get your doctor off of your back about getting and keeping your A1C down? That’s how I first thought about my glucose levels. I just didn’t want to hear my doctor’s mouth anymore.
WRONG MINDSET! I should have thought about how I was feeling day in and day out. I just didn’t know HOW to make the shift. So, I kept doing what I was doing, with no clear direction on how to turn my new life as a Diabetic around. Sound familiar?
Click here to read about my journey with Type 2 Diabetes
If you’re mindset sounds more like, “I’m sick and tired of being tired all the time, with no energy to do anything. There has to be something I can do to feel better.”
CONGRATS… you’re on your way to creating a healthier lifestyle!
I know! I know! Change is not easy, and can be down right SCARY! But, once you realize that it’s necessary, your behaviors and routines will soon follow.
Tip #2 – Drink plenty of water
I know you’ve heard this many times before, but if you’re still not drinking enough water every day – you need to hear it again!
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who have been diagnosed with High Blood Pressure or Diabetes, you really need to start drinking more water on a daily basis.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your water intake:
- Drink 8ozs at a time
- Drink plain water with no powders, flavoring, etc.
- Drink 8ozs before you eat. This will help you feel full, and will help your body digest your food better.
- You should drink .5ozs of water, for every 1 pound of weight. So, if you weigh 200lbs, you should drink 100ozs (approximately 3 liters) of water each day.
Tip #3 – Eat to NOT be hungry, not to be FULL!
When you finish eating, do you hold your belly and say something like, “Oowee… I’m stuffed!”? That’s often followed by something like, “Now, I’m ready for a nap!”, right? Ask me how I know!
This tip also starts with a good mindset shift. However, this mindset shift is not geared toward your overall health, but more toward the purpose that food serves in your life.
If you look at food as a reward – something you deserve – you must think really hard about this. Do you deserve to be overweight – maybe even obese? Do you deserve to feel sluggish and tired all day, every day?
I think it’s safe to say that, since you’re reading this – THANK YOU! – then you may be saying to yourself, “Ok. Enough is enough! I must do something to help myself feel better!”
Here are 3 things you can do RIGHT NOW to start changing your eating habits:
- Use smaller plates and/ or bowls at meal time. We often fill our plate with more than we need, to not be hungry, right? This will trick your mind into thinking you’re eating more than you actually are.
- Make a habit of leaving a little food on your plate or in your bowl. Many of us were taught – and taught our kids – to “finish all of your food.” That’s one of the worst things we could have been told!
- Drink 8ozs of water before each meal. Yes, I said it in the last tip, but it is SO WORTH REPEATING! This will help you feel full, and it will also help digest your food better.
Start with healthy meal planning – like what we offer – and add these 3 tips I shared here. You will set yourself up for SUCCESS – to reach overall better health!
Click here for more info on our meal planning service
Remember… strive for PROGRESS, not PERFECTION!
Do you have questions or feedback on these 3 tips to help you reach overall better health? Please complete the form below. Thanks!
This site displays Affiliate links. Click here to read the Disclaimer.